Coca-Cola & George the Poet present: Open Like Never Before (60″)
On Monday all of our staff came together to discuss what we mean by ‘spirituality’.
It is very difficult to put into words what ‘spirituality’ actually is because it is a very personal experience. It differs from person to person, and often spirituality changes within people during their lifetime. Spirituality is not the same as having a religion or faith; a person can be spiritual without having a particular faith.
Through the discussions and activities we had, we felt that we develop spirituality in different ways in our schools:
* Encouraging children to appreciate the wonders and beauty of the natural world
* Developing a love of learning
* Receiving and giving of love and kindness
* Encouraging awe and wonder and asking BIG questions
* Taking time to pause and be still
NOW more than ever, this is important to everyone in our school community. So take time to pause and be still, to smile and offer kindness. You never know what day a person has had. We can do this. And when this is all over, we look forward to a special time of togetherness.