From 2013 we have received funding for Sports and PE from the Government. This year it will total £8,155 for Cracoe & Rylstone. This money is ring fenced.
As in previous years this money is being used to improve the children’s level of participation in sports/outside activities and our sports provision through:
- Purchasing sports facilities and staff at Upper Wharfedale School weekly for KS2 pupils. This includes swimming, dance, gym and games coaching.
- Rugby coaching as an additional activity during school time. (Burnsall reached the area final)
- Part funding sports clubs after school. (Over 50% of all the children at both schools attend sports clubs regularly at some time during the year.)
- Part funding a, program of 6 cluster schools sports/outdoor activities. (Orienteering, walking near Malham Tarn, Adventurous activity days/residential, dance workshop; Year R, sporting competitions.)
- Training and support for our teachers and HLTA (Dance and New curriculum PE courses attended)
- Providing a specialist sports teacher as our PE subject leader (Cracoe) to teach sport/PE across the school during 1 afternoon weekly. (Netball County finals, cross country County finals)
- Enabling the running/participation of sporting competitions at cluster, local and regional levels (Sainsbury’s Award, both school having received a Bronze award in September 2015)
- Providing additional new sports and outdoor equipment